As we continue to provide quality care to our patients, we gain new opportunities for growth, new services, and additional locations.
Meet Our New Physicians
Dr. Richard C. Sims
Dr. Richard C. Sims is an interventional pain management physician who brings a number of services to The Orthopedic Clinic – including diagnostic procedures to aid in the surgical evaluation of patients, advanced techniques for treating pain, and placement of implantable devices for pain control.
Dr. Richard Sims received his medical degree from the Florida State University College of Medicine. He immediately followed his M.D. with a residency in anesthesiology at the University of Florida, Department of Anesthesiology, and a fellowship in multidisciplinary pain management. During his education, he received the Chronic Pain Outstanding Resident of the Year award and has presented his research and publications on pain management to fellow physicians around the country.
Now Offering Interventional Pain Management
When you’re in pain, it can be difficult to focus on anything else. With our new interventional pain management services, our goal is to decrease or eliminate your pain, so you can get back to doing what you love. Interventional pain management uses minimally-invasive techniques and procedures to identify and treat the root cause of your pain. We treat the following conditions:
- Back pain, especially lower back pain
- Neck pain
- Buttock pain
- Leg pain
- Knee pain
- Arm pain
- Pain when walking
- Post-surgical pain
- Post-trauma pain
- Pain from sports, work, or car injuries
Depending on the severity and condition of your pain, we offer a variety of treatments to get you feeling like your active self:
- Nerve block and injections provide temporary pain relief using an epidural steroid injection or other common injections — including facet joint injections, single nerve root blocks, and sacroiliac joint injections.
- Neuroablation — also called radiofrequency rhizotomy or radiofrequency ablation — uses x-ray guidance and a needle with an electrode at the tip that becomes heated to temporarily turn off a nerve’s ability to send pain messages to your brain.
- Electrical stimulation implants a stimulator along with an electrical lead to send electrical pulses directly to the spinal cord to regulate your pain.
Orthopedic Walk-In Clinic
Our orthopedic walk-in clinic provides quick and affordable access to orthopedic specialists for immediate treatment for:
- Fractures and dislocations
- Sprains and strains
- Joint and tendon pain
- Sports-related injuries
- Work-related injuries
- Acute neck injuries
- Acute back injuries
- Motor vehicle-related injuries
1075 Mason Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Walk-In Hours: Monday – Friday, 11 AM – 7 PM
Request an Appointment at The Orthopedic Clinic Today
At The Orthopedic Clinic, we want you to live your life in full motion. If joint pain is making life difficult, let us help you. We’ll tailor a treatment plan that’s best for your lifestyle and get you back to doing the things you love.Schedule an Appointment Today!